Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Spy Curls: Going Natural

So I've decided to transition and guess what?! I spy curls and I like them : ). Although it's only been about 3 months and I have already contemplated getting a relaxer due to the long and strenous process of coobing my hair after washing it the other night...I loved seeing my curls. So I figure it's worth it.

Unsurprisingly, I have wanted to "go natural" since I got saved. That's when I really searched youtue and got into hair. Because if I could no longer trim and cut it, I had better take care of it lol. But I found women who were transitioning and I was fasinated with their curls. I talked to a lot of black women in my church and some said it was a hard but rewarding journey and others said it was nearly impossible because your hair would break off.

I batteld with wanting to maintain my length(which is the longest it's ever been) and starting on a journey I know will result in breakage, more hard work, and a high possibility of me looking not so pretty for a while. But you know, I am ready for breakage. I actually hope it will break out...my prayers to God have been "Lord please let my natural hair get long enough so I can put it in a bun or something. And then let my relaxed hair break off" lol. Does it work like that? Who knows. We'll see lol. But even if I cannot put it into a bun, I will suffer with braids (ugh-long story) and other things. I do not want weaves (we have a bad history) so the goal is to transition with my hair.

Wish me luck and keep me and my hair in your prayers!
Pictures will be arriving soon.
-Bianca

2 comments:

  1. Praying all goes well! Trust me, it will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So far so good. It's all about adujusting thus far.

    ReplyDelete